Library Learning Center
Library Learning During Remote Learning
Virtual Office Hours:
- Ms. Ramsay will always be available via email: Lauren.Ramsay@slcschools.org
- Monday – Friday from 2:00-3:00 in my Zoom classroom
During remote learning, library classes will be held through Canvas.
Keep reading from home!
Jackson families, here are resources to use to READ outside of school!
Books to borrow-
Students need their school email + password to use the SLCSD Overdrive account.
Younger students will not have access to email accounts so you can also access Overdrive & more through your public library accounts here-
You just need your Salt Lake City or County Library card # and PIN.
Read aloud links
Picture books read by actors-
Our Library Mission Statement
The library of Mary W. Jackson is an investigative and caring environment where our diverse community is supported and inspired through reading, research, technology, and wonder. A place that nurtures growth and develops lifelong learners and community members who contribute positively to our global society.
What to expect from a School Library Media Teacher……
- A library Media Specialist is a teacher. They work with students in the library media center, on computers and in the classroom. They teach students how to be information literate.
- A library Media Specialist is a collaborator. They work with teachers to plan, instruct and evaluate student learning.
- A library Media Specialist is a resource locator. They do their best to help you find answers to questions and help you find resources to support interests or instruction.
- A library Media Specialist loves literature. They enjoy sharing great books with students and teachers.
- A library Media Specialist is technology literate. They work with students to use technology in the library media center and the classroom.
- A library Media Specialist is a manager. The library media teacher makes sure the library media center runs effectively, efficiently and is a welcoming environment.
- A library Media Specialist lends a helping hand. They are always willing to help, even when it isn’t their “job.” They can help teachers and students learn new technologies and how to use them.
- A library Media Specialist is flexible. They are willing to make changes when changes need to be made.
- A library Media Specialist loves to learn. They love to hear about the great books you are reading and about new ideas and strategies for working with students.
- But most of all, the library Media Specialist does not work alone. For a school to have a successful library media program it takes everyone, (the library media specialist, teachers and administration) working together for the benefit of the students.